South Florida Criminal Defense Attorney Advocates for Clients
Established Coral Gables law firm handles all types of criminal cases
Alvarez Law, LLC is a South Florida law firm that is exclusively dedicated to defending the rights and freedom of people facing criminal charges. Being arrested can be a confusing and traumatizing experience. From the moment you’re approached by the police, the choices you make could heavily affect your future. Since 1994, my Coral Gables law firm has provided determined advocacy and responsive counsel to clients just like yourself. If you’ve recently been arrested, you can be confident that I have the focus, ability and experience necessary to fight for a positive outcome.
Skillful defense against all types of felony and misdemeanor cases
Florida, like most other states, classifies crimes into two broad categories:
- Felonies — A felony is a serious offense that might involving serious harm to a person or property. Florida breaks felonies into three subclasses, with first-degree felonies being the most serious. Even the third-degree felony convictions can lead to several years in prison and a fine as high as $5,000.
- Misdemeanors — In general, misdemeanor crimes are considered less serious than felonies. Misdemeanors are divided in to first- and second-degree offenses. A first-degree misdemeanor conviction can result in penalties of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
No matter what specific charge you face, I will make every effort to protect your rights, freedom and reputation. When we meet, we will discuss the circumstances of your case as well as your options moving forward. From there, my firm is committed to developing the strongest defense possible.
Criminal defense lawyer defends clients facing state and federal prosecutions
My firm defends clients accused of a full range of felony and misdemeanor charges, including:
- Traffic offenses and DUI — If you receive a reckless driving charge or are arrested for DUI, I will aggressively defend your rights and examine the evidence to determine whether or not proper police procedures were used.
- State crimes — I defend clients accused of misdemeanor and felony crimes at the state level, including drug crimes, assault, theft, gun crimes, domestic violence and homicide.
- Federal crimes — I have extensive experience assisting clients who are facing serious federal charges arising from alleged violations of U.S. law or interstate activity. These cases can include prosecutions for drug trafficking, money laundering, securities fraud and various types of white collar crimes.
- Juvenile offenses — Drawing on my years of experience handling matters within Florida’s juvenile justice system, I represent youths who have been taken into custody and accused of misconduct.
- Post-adjudication issues — My firm can also help with various post-arrest or conviction matters, such as alleged parole or probation violations or the expungement of arrest records in Florida.
As your determined and knowledgeable advocate, my goal is to protect your rights throughout the process and help you get the best possible results. I will fight to get your charges dropped or reduced by building a strong defense.
Get a free consultation with a South Florida criminal defense lawyer today
Alvarez Law, LLC is a dedicated criminal defense law firm located in Coral Gables. If you or a loved one have been charged with a crime in South Florida, call my office today at or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.